Latest Entries »

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Walk Without Earphones


I don't generally eavesdrop. Also, my social memory is very poor,so it doesn't matter,actually, because I can't judge them even if I want to. It took me two months to actually recognise a person I have been seeing regularly for 2 months then. Ok, may be not that poor. Some people, I remember, in my wake and in dream,like I can see and recognise them miles away (ok, that is exaggeration!), feet away, may be it is my selective perception of remembering things. But one thing is for sure. I can not remember a person, by seeing them just once! Don't even get me started with names. I suck. Big time! Ok.. getting to the point, after getting a good rebuke from one of my very close friends regarding my social isolation(In my defense,I put music on, only when I am walking alone) of putting earphones on when I walk, how much information(ya,she used that exact same word),fun I am missing and after her telling me the 'ok-ness' of occassional eavesdropping and it's benefits ;) (even I agree now, it is fun) I decided I ll walk back home without the earphones. Trust me, I felt like I was walking through some random movies! People are funny when observed with no cause-effect relation to the context they are in. Haha! But there is one conversation that struck me. I would have regretted if I, even by chance, missed it.

There were two people sitting: A guy was speaking,I did not see the other person(no, not even gender, I told you,I am poor at observation) I was having juice, so I could catch almost whole of the conversation, lucky me! :D 

That was just one sentence,and I thought it ought to be here, recorded, on the blog, so that I ll never forget or neglect.

"No da, you should not stop abruptly, just try to learn how to manage time na.. Hobbies are not something you have to live with all through, need not be a proffessional or something,but they are those thing which you can not live without, you need them to relieve you from what you want to achieve. Keep them alive,you love them, remember? So no matter what, you ll find time for them,also, they bring glee in you. Once you lose them,it is difficult to get back to them. Trust me, I faced that problem." <And I, felt educated!>

I could not listen to the other person's reply,I was done with juice. I did not want to be perceived creepy, so I left the place. But I think I ll remember what he said. Also, I decided, I ll spend less time with technology and more time, walking through wonderful, realistic and cost-effective movies like this. May be, sometimes a complete stranger has something nice to teach, or may be, sometimes a seemingly juvenile thing needs to be taught! Strange ways.. Strange destinations!
Adios.
PS: Even I think that life is a mistake, if there is no music! :) But movies are much better.

2 comments:

FinanceEnthusiast said...

That is a really nice experience...Saw this post just now :D

Ravali Priya said...

It sure was,sometimes life sans technology is so relieving! :)

Post a Comment