Latest Entries »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Every Cloud has a Silver Lining

Sick of all the TV viewing and lazing around,ten days into my summer vacation, I decided I should cease to be bored and be awesome instead! ;) And since my childhood, whenever there was hint of awesomeness.. My fun-map pointed it to Vizag, The city of destination! :) The magic that city holds.. I should say,It makes everything nah wait,EVERYTHING look a lot better! It fascinates me! More on that later..


Concerned of getting bored on my first lonely journey ever! I bid farewell to my parents clutching "The Bleachers-John Grisham" in my hand. Found my seat.. And was surrounded by various people..! And to my surprise.. Most of them were travelling alone too..!!
I always liked the window seat, glad on getting one, I made my way through all the clutter and sat there, waiting for the train to move towards the destination. When after a few other stations an old couple came up to the coach dabbering but well in time before the train sped past the lustrous green fields. I was enjoying the view, Once in a while, I discover the nature-lover in me! The sheeny grass and the fresh air which went missing decades ago in cities and left those with the lonesome concrete jungles!


One tall,lanky guy with a sober expression on, was sitting in the corner of the coach.. His window down,and his attire made it clear that he was least interested to start a coversation with the others..
'Ahem' One sturdy looking man who was sitting right across the coach, cleared his throat, who ofcourse obviously might have noticed that I was travelling alone, embarked inquiring me...


Student?
Why are you studying there?
Why are you going to Vizag?
Are you really travelling alone? (Why the hell would I sit alone, quietly if I were not travelling alone?)
Whats your percentage in Engineering? (I smiled, did not answer! :P )
'Aaaaaghh!! Will you stop it already?'
Yeah, to my utter bliss!! He was no more interested in my answers but, He started his tale, a doctor he was and served many people, in a private hospital before he fell ill and decided to leave the profession and go stay with his son.. At this point where one man beckoned by our conversation came in and said he was a commissioned military officer in the Indian army but resigned due to many reasons (which he did not give us!)
As we spoke a crippled old man in rags came into the coach and cleaned the cluttered floor (I only recalled of how I cribbed last night to clean my own room much to my mothers annoyance).

Live n Let Live..
The doctor continued speaking to the others, There were two business men who explained him their job and enjoined him about their commodities! When he turned to me and lectured me, of how dangerous it is for girls to travel alone (It was broad day light all along the journey! Trust me!!)
As this went on.. The old man said he was a teacher in a government school worked for 39 years before retirement and that he was visiting his son! Till they asked of what the lady did.. "She must be a House wife right? Couldn’t guess better.." With intended sarcasm, as she smiled no one noticed the old man in rags except for the old lady. She gave him some money and thanked him, and went to the washroom!


Her husband calmly spoke, She adopted 2 orphans and that they had two sons adding that they are now visiting one of those orphans, and not one of their own kids!! That was a blow out of the water, as she returned.. I looked at her, She was calm.. A peaceful smile, And no one spoke anything for few minutes.. The train screeched to halt at a very small station, the lanky guy got up from his seat, took a coin from his pocket, gave it to the old man and left! Some how, I was sure that man was a happier person when he reached his destination! Savvy!


Relished from her silent act! Basked in her glory! Little does she know that she confronted yet another soul of perdition apart from bequeathing her four nestlings!
Not knowing what to say.. Or may be I knew.. there was nothing more to say.. I continued to look out of the window.. Into the skies.. Then realizing, Every cloud has a silver Lining!!
I put in one more coin and thanked the old man... figured, that journey indeed made a difference!! As Live Love n Laugh get together so well for me.. And now, so do 'Live and Let Live'!! :)
Thanking the aborigine.. Now and more than ever! :)
A memory is a way of holding to things that you love.. The things that you are.. And the things you never want to lose..
Sometimes in the winds of change... We find our true direction!! :)
I learnt that I needed to
Stop existing and Start living!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment