Latest Entries »

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My new Monalisa

It is so unnatural that 2 years passed on blogger without me mentioning about 'My Precious!' I am a proud owner of a one Mister Canon PowerShot S5 IS. I go on occassional detours to pacify my enthusiasm in photography,how it developed is a whole other story involving a late night work for an SHG. May be I ll write another post for that sometime later. For now, this is dedicated to my camera! Hopefully, I ll be an owner of a DSLR soon enough. Fingers Crossed as there are miles to go...


I owe a post to my camera, which has been with me through all climates and all my moods,it has been my eyes, it has made my mental images come true,it gave me stories to write. It gave me people to speak to(Something really weird about me, I like it a lot when I speak to person who is a complete stranger and has nothing in common with me, when I try to 'speak' to people without making a snap judgement on seeing them or on knowing from where they are, and it is weird but I do speak to strangers a lot when I am with my camera).It introduced to me, a new me. It regulates my thought. It makes me paint with light. It makes me see things differently. It makes my surroundings so much more beautiful.. Ya! I guess I can do this for days. I know,I am not a professional, but,just get this 'My camera makes me complete!'


Haah! That is enough introduction about my post's protagonist. There is one incident I wanted to share.. The other day.. I went clicking to the park in the vicinity here, for my love for candid shots and what better than playful kids? A group of kids were playing and having fun, and I went to click, as it is, they were making fun of one of the girls in their gang, she had bugs bunny teeth, and whenever she was aware that the camera was on her, she stopped smiling, that made me sad. However, I came out of the park, and there was a kid selling balloons, and I wanted to have an icecream and also click balloons, so I started a conversation with him asking about his hometown(a village in U.P, he came to Delhi to earn for himself and his family), his aspirations and his income(mind me! :P he did not feel bad). He said that he wanted to be Shahrukh Khan,he had Bugsy teeth too,like the girl from the park, but when he started posing for the camera, he never clinched.. "Mast photo kheechna didi.. Mein Shahrukh jaisa dikhunga!!" He had a great , bright smile. I can't believe I am saying this, but it was brighter than sunshine, sweeter than honey. I hope he makes it to Bollywood someday. That day,  my camera made me re-learn something I had long forgotten, which my dad told me when I was teasing my cousin, for her rabbit teeth,yeah.. I know, as a kid, I was a pompous fool.. Well.. on a different note, here is what my dad taught me::


"There is no such thing like an ugly smile. Because, people don't smile with their teeth or lips, they smile with their eyes." That day, when I met the future Shahrukh(ya, I have decided), he made it a point, he proved it to me that life is bumping into you, new every moment, and we are to embrace the beauty of life with a smile.. It is not some 'Bugsy' name people give you or comment about your smile.. And my camera proved it! Every smile had life in it! Every picture had life in it. Now, I know why I click nature more often, nature is all smiles, be it summer, winter or monsoons. Now, I know why I click architecture more often,it smiles through the elbow grease of great artisans,and now, I know why I click more often, because there is no such thing like an 'Ugly smile'. That was the day when my dad told is when I decided, I will return a smile, whenever I see a glowing one,whether it is for me or not, I ll return it. I'd love to be the best smile merchant there ever was..


On an ending note, I would love to quote Phoebe Buffay::


"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things "


#F.R.I.E.N.D.S


I don't know why, but this particular song always makes me smile. That day, I found my new Monalisa in that kid,I hope you find yours soon too..


PS:: This post is in love for my camera,one year of having it and loving it. Also,to the awesome smile the hero (Jai) carries in the movie 'Engeyum Eppothum'(I did not like the movie so much,one half of it was lame enough to ruin the other awesome half! :D ), I am recently in love with a song from that movie. And to all the other Monalisas(no gender barriers by the way)  out there.. Smile away to glory! When you find a glowing smile, just return one! Please! :)


PPS:: Smellyy cat.. smelly cat.. What are they feeding you!! :D (And that is just some Phoebe-craziness!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment